Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 17


Today's the day my group taught the class tchoukball.  Leslie started us off with the kindergarten age group and she went over the basics of throwing.  I thought she did really well.  She seems very comfortable dealing with lessons to do with younger students.  Then Max did his lesson.  His lesson was based on a 4th grade age group.  He focused more on passing.  One of the things that he did well was pinpointing students, of both genders to demonstrate. 

Then it was my turn.  My age group was 8th grade.  I focused on shooting.  I set up a bunch of hula hoops standing up along the wall to be pretend rebound frames.  And I also had the two rebound frames set up as well.  I tried to set it up so that the students had a chance for a lot of reps in a short period of time.  I thought that went well but I should have made it somewhat of a competitive drill instead of just a reps drill.  For 8th grade they probably got a little bored half way through the circle.  After that I gathered the group and went over the rules for shooting.  I tried to make it quick but I also wanted to make sure everyone knew what the rules were that way when Justin taught everyone would understand it and be able to play more.  For Lab B when I did my script I noticed that I said "OK" a lot! and I didn't realize how annoying that was until I actually listened to it.  So in this lesson I made a consious effort to not say "OK" as much. I worte my Lab C script and I did better but I still said it a lot! AGH! so annoying...  Here's my Time Coding sheet as well.  Still only one point :/




Then it was Justin's turn.  He always does such a really good job.  Everything he says flows so nicely.  He always remembers a safety statement, a hook, and every other little thing that I always seem to forget to do at least one of! Haha, I'm a little jealous of how good he's been doing.  Nonetheless props to Justin for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment