Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 11

This was a difficult skill so if you
 mess up just keep trying!
Today was my teaching day.  I taught the fling.  I thought it went well.  There were definitely a few things I could have done better.  Such as when I pinpointed Patrick out to demonstrate the skill I should have first asked him if he was okay with demonstrating and I should have also picked out a girl to demonstrate to make it equal.  I also could have done a better job with time management.  I wish I could have had another 4 or 5 minutes.  It would have made my lesson so much better if I had more time to do the activities I had planned at the end.

She also had great visual aids!

I really liked Kim's lesson too.  I thought she did a great job for having such a challenging task.  She really made a point to say that it was okay if we couldn't get the jump rope into the equation.  What she wanted us to know at the end of the lesson was the footwork.  She seemed very comfortable talking and if I was her student it would make me feel comfortable to be in her class.  Kudos to her for a great lesson!

The final people go on Monday and I hope that they take a little bit from everyone else's lesson and make theirs the best! Good luck Monday teachers!
Keep Smiling :)
Keep Moving 
~Emily Woudenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment